Photographs: Ezra Stoller © Esto.
First level plan
1. Band practice room
3. Dining Room (250 seats)
4. Additional dining or auditorium space
5. Auditorium space (44 seats, expansion to 268 seats)
6. Dressing rooms, stage house, shop and storage
7. Printshop and weaving shop, art studios, storage
8. Medical examination and infirmary
9. Central lobby with fireplaces for general gatherings, informal classes, dances and parties
10. Dormitories, student studies and faculty apartments
The Black Mountain College
Project gratefully acknowledges a grant from the Graham Foundation
for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts for a study of architecture at Black Mountain College.