ARCHITECTURE
   

Black Mountain College Project   



Architecture Section

Introduction

Chronology

Black Mountain and Asheville

CAMPUSES
Blue Ridge Campus
Lake Eden Campus

Guide to the Campuses
and Maps

Curriculum

Biographies
of Architects

Architecture related publications

Section Outline


 
(10) Community House (Lakeside)
 
 
 
The Community House, also known as Lakeside, was used for music practice, social gatherings, and exhibitions. The library was there until it was moved into one of the FHA buildings after the war.

The college renovated the building for use as the college library. In addition an entrance area and exhibition niche were added.

The building was demolished before 1955.

Photos: Max and Toni Dehn Papers and North Carolina State Archives, Black Mountain College Papers.

 

 

   

The Black Mountain College Project gratefully acknowledges a grant from the Graham Foundation
for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts for a study of architecture at Black Mountain College.