ARCHITECTURE
   

Black Mountain College Project   


     
Architecture Section

Introduction

Chronology

Black Mountain and Asheville

CAMPUSES
Blue Ridge Campus
Lake Eden Campus

Guide to the Campuses
and Maps

Curriculum

Biographies
of Architects

Architecture related publications

Section Outline


  (15) Farm House

The farm house was a conventional wood frame building with a clapboard exterior. In August 1946, Mary Gregory, working with a student Mim Sihvonen, began construction to "raise the roof" to provide space for two families.

2007: The building has been demolished.

Photo courtesy, North Carolina State Archives, Mary Gregory Papers.

   

The Black Mountain College Project gratefully acknowledges a grant from the Graham Foundation
for Advanced Studies in the Fine Arts for a study of architecture at Black Mountain College.